Trader / Sales Manager Petrochemicals - Europe
Ocean Recruitment is a recruitment company dedicated to the chemical and raw materials industry. For one of our clients we are searching for a Trader / Sales Manager Petrochemicals - Europe.
Our client is one of the world’s largest value-added resellers and physical suppliers of marine fuels and petroleum products. They recently announced a further strategic step into the distribution of (petro)chemicials. Therefor we are searching for an experienced and ambitious Petrochemical Trader / Sales Manager based in the Rotterdam office. Working from a home office is an option.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to develop new business, as well as their own career, to its full potential with the support of Branch Manager and the Group’s extensive resource base and global reach.
Netherlands, Rotterdam / Home office
This strategic role will give responsibility to an individual trader for the development of the marketing, pricing and sales strategies of the petrochemical (growth product) segment within Europe and the possibility to work cross regional with the sales teams within the Group. The job holder will work with the Line Manager to set up and expand the trading function.
In this role you will work closely with the Group's Technical, Credit and Finance departments, to ensure efficient handling of claims and payments, and in optimizing operations.
Responsibilities further include:
- Actively seek business from new and existing customers by identifying opportunities for business development within the region.
- Working closely with the Line Manager and regional Commercial Head on brand awareness by designing and implementing unique marketing promotional activities.
- Maintaining successful customer relationships in order to improve profitability for the business and to achieve sales and gross margin targets.
- As part of the local trading team, achieve the budget and performance KPIs whilst acting professionally and following the Group's values and principles at all times.
- Adherence to all Group’s policies, processes, procedures, systems, Employee Handbook and relevant legislation -
quality assurance, resolving queries / discrepancies.
The ideal candidate has:
- Previous proven sales experience within the petrochemical industry – min 5 years
- In-depth product knowledge
- Good remuneration and benefits package to be discussed upon interview
- International and challenging career
For more information you can contact:
T +31 (0)71 5234603
M +31 (0)6 19586646