Sales Manager Petrochemicals
Ocean Recruitment is a recruitment company dedicated to the chemical and raw materials industry. For one of our clients we are searching for a Sales Manager Petrochemicals.
Our client is a fast growing international supplier in the petrochemical business. Their reputation is based on the highest standards of professionalism, quality products and reliable global distribution networks.
The role of the Sales Manager is to be responsible for maintaining and increasing sales of the company through direct relationships with the customers. The candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and is a strong communicator, able to negotiate in a highly effective way.
The product portfolio consists of an extensive range of chemicals and raw materials including acetyls, acrylates, alcohols, methacrylates, monomers, esters, glycols, glycol ethers, propylene glycol ethers, plasticizers, polyols and chlorinated solvents.
Home office - Netherlands
Your main task is to maintain and increase sales of the company’s product portfolio.
Furthermore you will be challenged to:
- Create and reach the target volumes and margins set in territory (territory to be defined with the ideal candidate).
- Develop new territories.
- Build productive long-lasting relationships with customers.
- Visit customers on a regular basis.
- Increase business opportunities and build volumes/ contracts with every customer.
- Work with the Leadership team to agree sales targets and strive to achieve/ exceed these targets.
- Help to compile and analyse sales figures.
- Provide a monthly and YTD sales summary on a monthly basis.
- Report on existing business and on developing business.
- Complete visit reports/ keep a record of customer interactions.
- Share valuable information and knowledge where commercial opportunities are exposed.
- Participate in formulating and owning a budget which will be taken in consideration when measuring performance on volume and margin.
The ideal candidate is experienced in sales in the petrochemical/ chemical commodities market.
Furthermore you have:
- Proven sales track record.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong communicator and influencer. You are empathetic, and able to handle conflict and pressure. Work well in team but comfortable to travel and visit customers alone. Comfortable working with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Sales experience in the Chemical Industry selling into Coatings, Paints, Adhesives and Associated applications.
- Experience with products like Acrylates, (Specialty) Methacrylates, VAM, styrene.
- Experience/ understanding of administered Formula contracts including feedstock and market elements
- Technical chemical knowledge.
- Fluent in English and preferably an other foreign language.
- Product knowledge within the chemical industry.
- Problem solving skills. You are creative coupled with a sense of urgency, demonstrates attention to detail and is a strong negotiator.
Package is dependent on the candidate’s level of skills and experience. In line with a senior sales manager / trader in the petrochemical industry.
For more information you can contact:
T +31 (0)71 5234603
M +31 (0)6 19586646