Procurement Manager - EMEA
Ocean Recruitment is a recruitment company dedicated to the chemical industry. For one of our clients we are searching for a Procurement Manager - EMEA.
Our client is a leading and innovative supplier of chemicals to a wide variety of industries and applications. Its products and solutions are used in specialty coatings, inks, adhesives and the elastomers industrie.
With a long history of more than 60 years, it is a global business operating in over 20 countries with 10 manufacturing and 5 technology centers.
The Procurement Manager leads and implements the procurement initiatives for EMEA and also supports the Global Strategic Sourcing initiatives as agreed. This position reports directly to the Global Director of Supply Chain and Procurement.
Your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Purchasing of raw material and indirect goods.
- Participate on regional EMEA Business Team.
- Active member of Global Procurement Team representing EMEA.
- Lead and manage regional procurement function to include supplier relationships, purchasing policies, contract administration and long term procurement planning.
- Implement and recommend procurement strategy for top raw materials and ensure execution of strategy in a manner delivering advantaged cost/availability position within our markets.
- Manage all indirect procurement including packaging, utilities, and supplies.
- Work with Supply Chain, Commercial and Marketing functions to support outsource, purchase for resale, or toll production as needed.
- Implement tactics to increase and drive productivity and maintain metrics on cost savings, supplier performance.
- Provide Monthly reports on key raw materials, including current and forecasted pricing.
- Participate in monthly sourcing meetings; provide regular commodity updates and source related information to business as well as procurement team.
- Liaise and interface with the Regulatory and Compliance Department to ensure REACH compliance as well as compliance with other needed Industry regulations and mandates.
- Responsible for tactical issues with suppliers including supply allocation, supply shortages, freight/delivery issues and accounts payable issues.
- Liaise with R&D organization to prioritize evaluations of alternative raw materials or raw material sources based on value generation.
- Understand and interface with appropriate parts of the Value Chain and suppliers to improve market understanding of key drivers and improve financial performance. Interface with Sales, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Technology, Finance, IT and Suppliers as necessary to reach both short and long term goals.
- Bachelor’s degree. A major in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Business is preferable.
- Willing to travel up to 20% to suppliers, customers, production sites.
- Analytical and financial skills and proven ability to operate in a highly demanding environment showing initiative, flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent presentation skills and fluent communication skills (oral and written) in English.
- Ability to negotiate high value contracts.
- Ability to understand the upstream raw material value stream.
- You will be part of a dynamic and highly technological environment.
- A job with significant impact towards the future and business results of the organization, where you can rely on the commitment and support of the management.
- A competitive salary package including extra benefits.
For more information you can contact:
T +31 (0)71 5234603
M +31 (0)6 19586646