Technical Service Engineer - Composites Market
Ocean Recruitment is a recruitment company dedicated to the chemical and raw materials industry. For one of our clients we are searching for a Technical Service Engineer.
Our client is a leading, global manufacturer of silicone release liners, used in a wide variety of applications, such as pressure sensitive adhesive and the composites industry. With in-depth technical expertise, state-of-the-art production technology and flexible service programs around the world, our client offers customised release liners for any specific application.
The Technical Service Engineer has overall responsibility to provide technical support for the Composites market. The Technical Service Engineer also provides support to Sales and Marketing and interfaces directly with customers and technical teams globally. This position acts as a primary technical resource having responsibility to diagnose and resolve customer problems in both new and existing opportunities. A successful candidate will have a proven ability to work with and as a member of a multi-functional and multi-cultural team.
- Provide service to customers to identify and address technical needs regarding new product applications and resolution of issues.
- Identify, explore and develop new and different technologies that align with company strategies, market and capabilities.
- Prepare and run plant trials for products as needed.
- Support marketing and sales operational objectives by communicating customer insights, identifying opportunities with customers, and recommending new market applications and/or product development.
- Analyze data, prepare presentations and issue reports with clearly stated results, recommendations, and project status.
- Communicate extended product knowledge in Composites markets and technologies.
You have experience in Technical Service. You understand the (technical) dynamics of working on customer specific objectives. Furthermore:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering or related technical discipline is required.
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in a Technical Service role required.
- Technical services experience within the Composites market preferred.
- Proficient in sample testing and plant trials.
- Interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to use these to effectively identify and resolve issues with both internal and external customers as well as suppliers.
- Bilingual English & Dutch preferred.
- Project management skills and ability to present information to all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills in a very hands-on approach.
- Skilled in the use of computers, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; experience working in Minitab preferred.
- Must set high quality standards and have a strong sense of urgency.
- Must possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel about 10% (domestic and international).
You will be working for the leading, global producer in the release liner business, who provides a challenging and rewarding work environment. You will work in a multi-cultural, open and technologically advanced environment.
Our client offers educational opportunities, an outstanding standard package and benefits.
For more information you can contact:
T +31 (0)71 5234603
M +31 (0)6 19586646