Business Development Manager - EMEA
Ocean Recruitment is a recruitment company dedicated to the chemical industry. For one of our clients we are searching for a Business Development Manager - EMEA.
Our client is a leading and innovative supplier of resins, dispersions and specialty chemicals to a wide variety of industries and applications. Its products and solutions are used in graphic arts, adhesives, specialty coatings, aroma chemicals and the synthetic rubber industries.
With a long history of more than 60 years, it is a global business operating in over 20 countries with 10 manufacturing and 5 technology centers.
To maintain its leading position, our client is accelerating the innovation of its services and product offerings and
exploring new markets and applications. These innovations are driven by a small group of highly qualified people
forming the Innovation Team. We are looking to reinforce the Innovation Team in Europe with a professional, experienced Business Development Manager.
Home office, Europe
- As a member of the Innovation team, you are responsible to identify new markets, new applications, new technologies or new value offerings with significant and sustainable growth potential.
- Supported with market information coming from the business and technology departments, your continuous analysis of the market and client needs will lead the development and prioritization of feasibility studies and innovation projects for targeted markets.
- You challenge customer and industry status-quo to drive improvements in Total Cost of Ownership in the target markets.
- You manage the progression of new innovations from idea through development of new business.
- You support marketing and selling initiatives for successful commercialization of new products and services thereby selecting and supporting the appropriate channels to market.
- You actively cooperate and communicate with all internal functions and resources, particularly Sales & Marketing and Technical to leverage internal synergies.
- You report to the Director of Innovation, located in the US.
- A master degree in chemistry or equivalent discipline, enabling you to understand quickly capabilities as well as opportunities and technical needs of target markets.
- Experienced in new business development and developing channels within B-2-B chemicals or related industry (oil, building, film) is strongly preferred. An international network in a variety of industries at both technical and business level is an asset.
- Analytical and financial skills and proven ability to operate in a highly demanding environment showing initiative, flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent presentation skills and fluent communication skills (oral and written) in English.
- Willingness to travel more than 60% across Europe. Occasional travel outside Europe required.
- You will be part of an exciting, dynamic and highly technological environment.
- A job with significant impact towards the future and business results of the organization where you can rely on the commitment and support of the management.
- A competitive salary package including company car, home office and extra benefits.
For more information you can contact:
T +31 (0)71 5234603
M +31 (0)6 19586646