Application / Business Development Manager
Ocean Recruitment is a recruitment company dedicated to the chemical and raw materials industry. For one of our clients we are searching for a Application/Business Development Manager.
Our client is a leading, global manufacturer of silicone release liners, used in a wide variety of applications, such as pressure sensitive adhesive and the composites industry. With in-depth technical expertise, state-of-the-art production technology and flexible service programs around the world, our client offers customised release liners for any specific application.
Netherlands, Home office (Europe) close to major airport
The Application Development Manager has overall responsibility to support current business and develop new applications of existing and new products by teaching our customers why/how to use our products in various applications as well as troubleshoot and resolve any product related issues during production. This position acts as a technical subject matter expert for the Composites Business in Europe, and is expected to stay abreast of changes and trends in the market to best serve the objectives of the organization. A successful candidate will have proven leadership skills and ability to manage projects through the utilization of internal resources. Flexible base location in the Netherlands or home office in a regional city (Europe) with a major airport.
- Establish long-term professional relationships with potential and existing customers and partners.
- Provide service to customers to identify and address technical needs regarding new product applications and resolution of issues.
- Accompany sales to visits at customer sites as technical liaison, responsible for product positioning and presenting program strategies.
- Develop and use knowledge and interpersonal skills to support and guide others towards the accomplishment of goals and objectives.
- Support marketing and sales operational and budget objectives by communicating customer insights, identifying opportunities with customers, and recommending new market applications and/or product development to generate new business.
- Provide input and make recommendations during the negotiations of sales proposals and development of contracts in partnership with sales and marketing.
- Analyze data, prepare presentations and issue reports with clearly stated results, recommendations, and project status.
- Communicate extended product knowledge in Composites markets and technologies.
You are eager to build (new) relationships in order to extend your business in the matrix of new and existing products at new and existing customers / applications. Furthermore:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering or related technical discipline.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a product development role required.
- Technical experience within the Composites market preferred.
- Proven track record of the ability to initiate, plan and execute technical projects.
- Ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to use these to effectively identify and resolve issues with both internal and external customers.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Highly skilled in the use of computers, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; experience working in Minitab preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and have good analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Must possess the ability to think Global and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel extensively (domestic and international).
You will be working for the leading, global producer in the release liner business, who provides a challenging and rewarding work environment. You will work in a multi-cultural, open and technologically advanced environment.
Our client offers educational opportunities, an outstanding standard package and benefits.
For more information you can contact:
T +31 (0)71 5234603
M +31 (0)6 19586646